To achieve this goal, it was necessary to combine different strategies during the cycle of in vitro fertilization. Some of them are:
– Diagnosis and careful preparatory treatments in both partners, to improve the prognosis of pregnancy.
– Treatments with soft, custom ovarian stimulation, they get the best possible egg quality.
– Combination of gas in the incubator (7% CO2+ 5% Oxigen) that resemble as closely as possible the conditions of the tubes and uterus.
– Embryo culture until the blastocyst stage to select the best embryo for transfer.
– Ultrasound-guided embryo transfer, which simplifies the process and reduces the risk of ectopic pregnancy.
-Use for embryo transfer in a culture medium called Embryoglue, enhancing embryo implantation.
Moreover, surplus embryos may be vitrified (ultrarapid freezing) and transferred at a later cycle. The pregnancy rate per frozen-embryo-transfer is similar when transferring one or two embryos (39% versus 44%) and the incidence of twins with single embryo transfer is 0% (versus 28% of twins with double embryo transfer).