Egg donation in Spain is a widely used technique, linked mainly to delayed pregnancy. It is a treatment frequent in women over 40 years of…
Oocyte or Egg donation is the giving of eggs from one woman (donor) to another (recipient) in an anonymous way, so that the latter can become pregnant. It is a generous, voluntary and altruistic act that allows women to become mothers when they cannot otherwise for multiple causes (age, genetic diseases, cancer..).
The steps to become a donor are:
1. In a first interview in our clinic we will explain the whole process.
2. We do tests to make sure that the donor is apt to donate eggs without risks to her health: gynecological check-up, transvaginal scan, blood tests and a psychological consultation. It normally takes 1 or 2 visits to do all tests.
3. Results will be ready in one month. From that moment you will be ready to donate eggs. When the eggs are needed, we get in contact with the donor to start the treatment, which will last around 12 days.
The oocyte donation treatment consists of:
1. Ovarian stimulation: The treatment will start on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle with a subcutaneous injectionin our clinic. That medication will have an effect during the following 7 days. Five days after the injection the donor will start coming to the clinic for scans and blood tests, and to give extra medication if necessary. She will come 2 to 4 times in a week.
2. Egg recovery: When the eggs are ready we pick them up puncturing the ovaries with a fine needle. This is done under sedation so that the procedure is not painful at all. After a day´s rest the donor can lead a normal life.
What does the donor need to know?
1. The donation of eggs is anonymuos. The donor does not know the identity of the recipient, it does not have any right or duty on the possible offspring. Neither the recipient couple knows the origin of the eggs.
2. The donation, by law, must be altruistic, but it cannot produce costs to the donor. That is why donors will be compensated with 1000€ for the costs and inconveniences derived from the treatment.
3. This treatment does not alter the donor´s future fertility.
4. Donors in URH García del Real must be between 18 and 30.
Send us your dates and time zone preferences for the appointment and we will call you to arrange it.
In case you want to be contacted by e-mail, please write it in the message.