To achieve a correct ovulation
The objective of ovarian stimulation is to achieve a correct ovulation in women that do not normally ovulate.
Ovarian stimulation is indicated for:
1. Patients with polycystic ovaries
2. Patients with irregular ovulation.
In Polycystic Ovaries, before the stimulation of ovulation, it is possible to carry out a treatment for the spontaneous induction of the ovulation with anti-diabetics (oral tablets) always under endocrine control. With this treatment 80% of patients recover a normal menstrual rhythm, and reach a 50-60% pregnancy rate.
Ovarian stimulation consists in:
1. Stimulating the ovaries with hormones (oral or injected) from day 3 to 5 of the cycle. We carry out 2 or 3 transvaginal ultrasounds throughout a week (from day 8 or 12 of the cycle) to control ovarian response to the stimulation.
2. Set the recommended time for sexual intercourse (at the time of ovulation).
3. Pregnancy test: It is done 15 days after the ovulation.
During the month of treatment the patient can lead a normal life.
The pregnancy rate per cycle (or month of the treatment) is 25-30%. After 4-6 attempts, 60% of women get pregnant. The incidence of twin pregnancy is 10-15%. Between 3 and 6 treatment cycles are recommended.
Send us your dates and time zone preferences for the appointment and we will call you to arrange it.
In case you want to be contacted by e-mail, please write it in the message.